"The Christian family is a communion of persons, a sign and image of the communion of the Father and the Son in the Holy Spirit. In the procreation and education of children it reflects the Father's work of creation." (CCC2205)

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Co-op today ... Russian Art History

My favorite time of the school year in co-op is when I get to go through the art history of the regions we talked about in geography -- we've already covered China and Japan ... today we'll talk about Russia -- 


I'm going to tell the children about one of my favorite artists, Wassily Kandinsky ... and we're going to work on a project of Kandinsky circles ...


We'll also discuss Matryoshkas ... (aka. Russian Nesting dolls) -- and create some of our own from this simple print out craft ...  


I have a couple of Matryoskas of my own that I'll bring in for the kids to see, they live in my pottery studio -- so I just have to remember to grab them before we leave!