"The Christian family is a communion of persons, a sign and image of the communion of the Father and the Son in the Holy Spirit. In the procreation and education of children it reflects the Father's work of creation." (CCC2205)

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Slowly approaching spring ...

On this first day of March I'm glad for some nice weather, yes -- global climate change is something that seriously concerns me, but this year -- with a premature newborn -- I'm not complaining much that I can take her out of the house easily without layers and layers of clothes. 


Of course little e has a slight cough, most likely from the neighbor's little boys who she loves -- and who insist they are not sick -- even though I heard them coughing earlier this week and asked them to stay in their yards until they were 100% well please ... Alas. little e loves her friends. I'm sure it was more her seeking them -- they are good little boys. 


I am no kind of photographer, so this above is my best attempt so far at taking a good picture for our thank you cards. It's cute -- but not thank you card cute. 


On the homeschooling front, the girls are slowly getting back to work -- we're officially on our second semester of school now -- M & R had a quiz today on the proper spelling and order of the months of the year when they couldn't tell me what number month they were born in ... grr. So -- fill in the information gap, remind, study, quiz. Here's hoping it makes sense now. 


M & R are a few short days away from their 10th birthday -- hard to believe! This is a *party year* for them -- since we only do friends-invited parties on the milestone years -- that means in October we had a big party because little e turned 5 ... we'll have M & Rs as they turn 10 in March ... and in August Big E will turn 13. Didn't plan that out so well. This will be an expensive party year. Oh well!


I think here soon we will take a trip to the party supply store to pick up a few things and make it feel more official -- contrary to my usual *do it myself* routine, we're renting a facility at a nature park in our city -- they'll get to feed the animals, *adopt* a pygmy goat (which I think means -- get a certificate with your name on it) -- and I don't have to super-clean the house or decorate more than a little -- or do much besides make sure there is cake and paper plates. I really can't do more, and I want them to have the party they long for. They have been so good, they deserve a big day just for them!

No comments: