"The Christian family is a communion of persons, a sign and image of the communion of the Father and the Son in the Holy Spirit. In the procreation and education of children it reflects the Father's work of creation." (CCC2205)

Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving update ...

I'm afraid I didn't get many pictures, but I think my mother did -- so hopefully I'll get those soon -- we found out kinda last minute that my brother, who I hadn't seen in about 6 years -- was coming home for Thanksgiving! Naturally that meant that we'd spend our long weekend making ourselves obnoxious at my mother's house. It was a great visit, he's still the same brother I've always known him to be -- I like that we can dissolve into arguing about religion and politics about 24 hours after *I've missed you so much!* HA! BUT these things are done lightheartedly in our family -- I'm pretty sure we all know in advance where our differences will be, so we let it go easily. 


By the end of the long weekend Christmas cookies had been made, Uncle Gene had played songs for his many nieces to dance to on our mother's guitar (my 4 girls plus our sister's 2 girls! That's a lot of princesses!), Mother's Christmas tree was bought, lit and decorated -- and we're all exhausted but glad we had this chance. 


Today the girls and I are getting OUR home ready for Christmas decorating -- just having the official *spot* in the living room ready to go makes me giddy for holidays. 

No comments: