So -- we have some catching up to do! See if you're smarter than a herd of 7-13 year old homeschoolers ...
1. How many islands make up the archipelago of the Philippines?
- A. 6,852
- B. 30,821
- C. 7,107
2. What does the word 'Circumnavigate' mean?
- A. To go all the way around (the world)
- B. To calculate the circumference (of the world)
- C. To make a plan to get from one place to another
3. Who was the first explorer to circumnavigate the world?
- A. Hernando Cortez
- B. Ferdinand Magellan
- C. Antonio “Pigafetta” Lombardo
4. Who were the Philippines named after?
- A. King Phillip II of Spain
- B. Princess Philomena of Italy
- C. This is what the locals have always called the island
5. Who was the first female president of the Philippines?
- A. Gloria Arroyo
- B. Imelda Marcos
- C. Corazon Aquino
6. The smallest bat in the world is about the size of …
- A. a mouse
- B. a bumble bee
- C. a squirrel
7. What is the favorite food of the Giant Golden-Crowned Flying Fox?
- A. Figs
- B. Mangos
- C. Any fruit
8. How many of the 250 crew that left with Magellan to circumnavigate the world, returned to Spain?
- A. 50
- B. 30
- C. 18